Thursday, December 31, 2009

I am still enjoying last years present!

I absolutely love my Christmas present from last year. Thanks mom!! Some of you may remember my Christmas wishlist post from last year. All I wanted for Christmas was, well in short, Mark. Last Christmas moms Christmas present from me didn't make it on time so I apologized to her saying, "I'm sorry what I really wanted to get you didn't get here in time", to which she replied "same for you. I'm really working on what you really want for Christmas, but I'm just going to need a bit more time."

Mom took that Christmas wish seriously (maybe I should have asked for that a few years ago :)) and I think she really prayed and thought about me finding someone to share my life with. I even think my dad, sisters and nieces and nephews sent a few prayers my way-poor Mark, he didn't have much of a chance once everyone started praying him into my life :)

This year my Christmas present from last year got to spend Christmas with me and my family. I loved it! Can't wait for the Christmas' and years ahead when I get to continue making memories with Mark.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas and I'm wishing you a Happy New Year too!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Charity- This post brings tears to my eyes. We are so happy for you and Mark. Maybe next time we see you, we can get the full story...;)

Black Family said...

I got goose bumps reading this. I am so happy all the prayers were answered. I am so happy for you!

Susi Daw said...

Aahhh! I'm so glad you are so happy! It makes me so happy! Let's just be happy together! Love ya!

Dawn W said...

Late presents are always the best anyway - lots of thought put into them. :)

Trina said...

Your post made me smile. I am also so happy that you are happy and that you got to spend Christmas with your late Christmas present. Prayer is a powerful thing. Are you busy with wedding plans? I wished I lived closer so that I could come to the reception. It would be so fun.

Dan and Sara said...

Charity - I just found you on Kristen's blog... I can't believe it! I have been wondering about you over the years! It seems like forever ago that we were in the singles ward together, and you were the RS Pres. and I was your secretary :) You look great, and I just read your last couple of posts and now I have tears in my eyes, I am so excited for you! You are such a wonderful, beautiful woman, and I couldn't be happier for you. Let's keep in touch! We have a blog too: fishlerfamily.blogspot

xxx
Sara Whiting Fishler

Brooke said...

I got your announcement today - you look beautiful. I'm so happy for you both.

Lindsay said...

YAY! We are sooooo excited for you! Good luck in the next few weeks and PLEASE, for those of us who can't be there, PLEASE post pictures ASAP. Okay, wait until after the honeymoon but sooooon!

Amie said...

Hi Charity--I found your blog from FB--Congratulations on your marriagae. It's so wonderful to have a good man. I'm happy for you.--sister Davis (Amie Houser)