Sunday, April 26, 2009

Good thing I didn't just go back to bed

Woke up yesterday morning still sick (don't feel sorry for me about being sick-I was sick all day Friday and you didn't even know :)). When I went into the kitchen I was completely disgusted at the ant infestation that had taken over in my kitchen-on my counter, in my sink, coming out of the walls and wood work-YUCK. Apparently they got the memo I wasn't feeling well and decided to invade my territory. Out came the simply green bottle (only thing I could think of at the time, but apparently is does okay-I only have one or two little stragglers coming back today).

My house was a mess. I feel like I haven't been home in ages so I decided it was high time I did some laundry. Feeling very productive I went to start my second load. After loading the laundry into the machine I realized that I had forgotten to put soap in my last load (which was already dry and ready to be folded)-then I realized the loud thud I had heard earlier had actually been something falling out of the cupboard and spilling the cup full of soap all over my counter. I just looked at it and thought about just leaving it for a day when I was feeling better but decided just to clean it up. So I got out a towel and started wiping up the soap. I picked up the big container of laundry detergent to wipe under it. Well apparently when they say "open to vent" I had actually completely unscrewed the lid and so soap poured all down my washer, all down my pants and all over the floor-a big mess became so much bigger!! Ahh. I just wanted to crawl back in bed. I had had it.

Then Lucy. . .she was on the door step howling away. She usually is at the sliding glass window watching to see what I'm doing but not that morning. She was on the door step crying away (I thought it was because I hadn't given her any attention for the past couple of days but no). As I got in my car and was driving into town I realized that her favorite cat had committed cat suicide-(it really wasn't my cat it was Lucy's cat which is why she is so sad and I think-"see this is why I don't like animals, just when you almost start liking them they go and get themselves killed!") (Sorry Crystal I know you'll be disappointed but I spared you the picture of fluffy on the highway).

Not much I can do about the cat now, so I continued on my way. I was a walking medicine cabinet. I had cough drops and vitamin C drops in one pocket, sudafed in another pocket and kleenx in another pocket (it later became clean kleenx in one pocket and dirty ones in another-what is that too much information? :) That is life.) These events are bad enough when you are feeling good but when you are not-wow-not pleasant! I was off to-as much as I hate to admit it, I must-off to a Single Adult Conference (aka 30 to dead event). ICK!!

Anyways not to bore you with too many details of the event the end is what you will want to know. Now don't get too excited or anything but a guy I kind of was interested that day actually asked for my number that night. That's all the info you get. Don't ask me any questions or that will be the last you hear about things like that!! And Dawn, notice I didn't name him yet so as of yet he is not important to me. (She only starts asking questions when I start using their names because then I guess she thinks, as history has shown, that it is only when I call them by name that I am interested in that particular boy).

So to sum it all up: ants and laundry soap and dead cat and singles event can equal a not so bad day afterall. Who would have thought that 4 negatives would make a positive?

10 comments:

Sally said...

What a day!

Andrea said...

I love the way you write, your stories are always so fun to read. Glad the day ended up better than it started! Get feeling better.

jana said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon. I wish I was you VT and had an excuse to come visit. Thanks for taking the time to blog it all.

keller said...

I absolutely don't like those venting laundry soap containers. I always get soap all over with them. Sorry it was such a crazy weekend, but fun that some unnamed guy asked for you phone number.

Dawn W said...

I don't know why everyone else is writing such nice comments - I truly started laughing not far into this blog, and continued laughing the rest of the way through it. Don't get me wrong, I really do feel sorry for you having such a very horrible day (and since you haven't even mentioned his name yet, I'm not even convinced it ended positive), but you are such a visual writer that I could just picture it happening, and on such a bad day, all you can do is just laugh. Hang in there!

Dawn W said...

p.s. - Did you re-wash the no-soap load? Just wondering. :)

Crystal said...

Wow-- I guess you had a pretty entertaining day :) Yeah those soap containers are not all that great. And as for the cat picture... well thats ok you didn't post it but you know that thanks to me you now check to see if you can identify the "fluffy thing" on the side of the road. And as for mr. no name.. I know his name and and am glad your day ended better...(not that it could have gotten much worse...)

Black Family said...

okay....so I know you are probably not sick anymore...but a good suggestion for next time....THERA FLU....It works MAGIC...and that is no joke....I use to use suda all the time but got thera and it is the best! Well hopefully someday we will get to chat....miss ya!

keller said...

Hey froghunter where have you been? You have been a little blog absent these past weeks. How was this last weekend?

Dawn W said...

P.S. You have more than 8 comments now. :) Just thought I'd let you know ~