Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Teacher, is this right?"


Once a week I go from being the teacher to being the student. That was last night for me, and let me tell you as crazy and as hard as being the teacher sometimes is I still perfer it to the stress I felt as a student. I am taking an oil painting class every Monday from 7-10 (which by-the-way is way too late on a school night :)). This was my 3rd class and our 2nd class on our actual painting. It seems like I did everything wrong yesterday-first I put on too much paint the teacher told me it would be okay but I don't her to just call it okay I want it to be called amazing, so I tried to wipe it off and then it looked "okay" to me. Then we started making a bush which I thought looked okay, but when she said it would be okay she came over, asked if she could show me something and then completely took off my whole bush-I had to start over! (I am needing a defination on the word okay-her idea and my idea of it are completely different.) At the end of the night I left feeling quite proud of myself though-I put my picture up (it still has another week to go, but I still have to showcase it every week) and I think it looks okay! (Well if you take into account that I am not artistic by nature and it is my first attempt-I actually think it looks pretty AMAZING!)

4 comments:

Dawn W said...

Hey - what are you painting? Still life, self-portrait, horses running in the summer breeze . . .?

keller said...

Hey, I am glad to see that you have another blog up. We can't wait to see your masterpiece and to see you at the fair. Too bad you don't have your picture ready. You could enter it in the fair and call it The best painting that I ever did.

Crystal said...

I can't wait til you post a picture of it on your blog! Thanks for the update! :)

Heather said...

Seriously - I think it's so cool that you're taking a painting class. I always watched that guy on PBS with afro hair paint and I wanted to be able to do that. Be sure to post a picture of your creation. Someday I want to take a class too.