Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What's wrong

I am seeing life in a whole new perspective with this little bunch of students I have this year. I still do not understand their view of the universe, but maybe you could help me. As a language activity the other day we were looking at pictures that had things wrong with them-for example: there was a man fully clothed taking a bath, a man walking up the side of a building, a dog taking a boy on a walk. . .you get the idea. Usually this activity is easy for the students and we laugh about all the silly things happening in the pictures-this time I just plain laughed at the kids. Let me give you one (of many) comment. I showed them a picture of a girl dressed in a raincoat holding an umbrella with hotdogs falling from the sky. "What is wrong with this picture?" The students all looked at the picture for the longest time before one student asked "Where's the ketcup?" as if that was the biggest thing wrong with the picture. So-next time you find yourself in a hotdog rainstorm, please count yourself lucky if your hotdogs have ketcup on them-I mean it could be worst :)

4 comments:

keller said...

Wow!! No wonder Crystal couldn't get ahold of you all day. It sounds like you are quite busy.

Heather said...

oh - that made me laugh. I need some of those pictures to ask abe those things. I'm sure he would come up with funny stuff too. I love little people!

Dawn W said...

Still funny - even if I heard the best version of this story first hand. :)

...Sheri said...

This is so funny! Maybe they have read "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" if you don't have it you can borrow ours! :)