Saturday, October 11, 2008

Halloween Costume Help

So I already have a costume request (demand?) for next year but I have no idea what to wear this year. Let me tell you my costume dilemma that stems back to at least when I was 12 and maybe even to when I was 6 and was a red crayon (I won a best dressed prize for it and looking at the pictures I was very cute and what a creative idea but you should see my face-not so happy). For mutual when I was a Beehive we were invited to the big Halloween dance. I was so excited and thought about the costume for weeks. I had been hearing some of the cool girls throw around the idea of being a witch and I thought I could do that-so I did. Well I was the ugliest witch I have ever seen at Halloween and you should have seen the big hairy mole on my face-it was amazing-that is until I got to church. All those cool girls were indeed "witches" but the cutest most stylish witches you have ever seen. And that was just the beginning of my dislike for dressing up for Halloween-dressing up I like to do, but I just can't seem to master the technique of looking cute and sexy as I do it. So back to my current dilemma-Kendra has requested that I be the pirate ship next year (not the most attractive image as I envision it, but mom-once you figure out how to make Kate's birthday cake for this year do you think you can figure out how to make a pirate ship). Back to this year. . .I am open to suggestions. . .

4 comments:

Dawn W said...

L: an ant
Mom: a grown-up red crayon
K: a big hairy mole
Dad: a nice cute little girl with pig-tails and big freckles and a Strawberry Shortcake hat
me: a flower like the Alice in Wonderland play
Scott: You'll have to call for this one, he's feeding Annie, but is sure to have great ideas - good luck!

Crystal said...

I still think you should buy the cute green Target shirt that I bought and wear a witches hat. I think Kate has a cute idea too.

keller said...

So personally I think that no ideas can top the costume of the wicked step sisters that we were at school. However Kendra and Kate were talking about Halloween costumes on the phone the other day and they came up with being someone being a chicken and someone being a worm. Since you are going to be a pirate ship next year and all of my kids are being pirate things this year I think that you could be the worm this year and in 3 years be the chicken.

Charity said...

Ahh-you guys make me laugh!! After all your suggestions I just plain hope I don't have to dress up but if I do-I will definately keep you posted!