Friday, October 24, 2008

Don't trust the commercials



I don't have tv but started watching biggest loser with a friend a couple of seasons ago and it is still a Tuesday night tradition. If you watch it I warn you-don't trust the embedded commercials. They always talk about how great the new extra gum is and how great gum is when you are trying to lose weight. . . so I was in the checkout line the other day and thought I would give Extra Berry Pearadise a try. First impression a little harder than normal extra gum, but whatever. Then I made the near fatal mistake of leaving the package in my car. Oh my goodness-when I got back in my car the smell was so atrocious I was gagging. For a joke I decided to put the pack of gum in a co-workers car to see if it had the same effect on her-and sadly it did! To make matters worst she went to pick up her pregnant sister to take her somewhere and she almost threw up for real! So of course, being me, I told the company their gum stinks-literally. We will see what they say. If nothing else at least the poor college student that works at Extra's customer service had a good laugh and chances are they went right home and bought a pack of gum to put in their roommates car! :) I know you are almost curious enough to try it huh-go ahead and try, but I warn you I took the gum out f my car over a week ago, and the smell is still lingering!

6 comments:

keller said...

Landon says: wow that is pretty bad. Braden: Wow, yeah gum stinks really bad when you leave it in the car. Justina: I just am curious what the company is going to say. I mean really they can't give you gum coupons to make you happy as their gum stinks.

Dawn W said...

Okay, this was just as funny as a blog! I have to admit that I'm tempted to buy the gum just to see if it works. By the way - I love your pictures! Can't wait to show the kids tomorrow!

Black Family said...

YAY! I am so excited you started a blog....love all the stories...that gum sounds gross but you are right I kinda want to try it...hee hee miss ya

Hannah said...

Hi Beautiful! I'm glad you told me about your blog. You are a lot more diligent about updating yours than I am about mine...although every few weeks I vow to do better! =)

Stacie said...

Ah Charity! Your blog is so cute. I just love reading what you have to say. You have such a way of telling a story. :-) I'm glad we can stay a little more in touch.

marcalicious said...

your blog is great Charity!!! I feel like you are telling me the story live w/ the way you write on your blog. I was really lol (really was Laughing Out Loud) in my lil' abode @ your blog. P.S. How much do I need to pay in order to be on your "friends/family" blog list????"