Saturday, November 1, 2008

Found-lost dog




Here she is-my new dog. Beware-at first glance she appears to be as cute as can be, but let me tell you when she opens her mouth it sounds like someone is holding onto the sides of a balloon and letting the air screetching out. Dad found her this week wondering in the pasture, with the cows and the llama, miles away from the nearest house and away from the highway. She is not a young pup either. She has a bit of gray hair and shows signs of having been trained. She (I keep refering to her without a name because she doesn't have one-any suggestions?) can sit, gets down off my pants when I tell her too, doesn't come in the house if I remember to tell her to stay out, stops barking when I tell her to stop (funny how she is not just naturally good, she has to be told to be told what bad habbits to stop). She also walks right beside and behind me when I go to get the mail (that is my favorite thing because I hate a dog that is always running into me and between my feet). I might actually eventually maybe even like her. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Cute dog :) Cailyn will be SO excited to see her! I am sure she will suggest to name it "Puppy puppy". That is what she said when mom asked her what to name it. Also she is now going to name her brother (or so she thinks we are having a boy) "Baby brother brother". Anyways, good find on the dog! Hope he learns to be good without being told! :)

keller said...

The kids are still sleeping this morning - all except Malek of course so I don't have a name for you, but am sure some ideas will come soon. Cute blog. You hve pictures and music now. I keep thinking of adding music, but haven't yet. Way to go, you must have had a little longer on the internet than usual.

keller said...

Kendra wants to name her tiny. Braden wants to name her "If she runs really fast I'll call her speed. If she doesn't run fast I'll call her slowky."

Dawn W said...

Boba Fet, Petunia, Charlie, Schnitzel, Oscar, Paco (oh, I forgot - already taken), BeanDip, Pasco, Jar-Jar, Billy, Edwina, Dendrite, Little Lepton, Sparky ... These names are a combination submission from Scott & I at 11:42 p.m. - We like Bean Dip the best. I'll let the kids vote tomorrow.

She's cute! I love the sign behind her. :)

Dawn W said...

K & L: Jumper, Daffodil, Bambi, Lyla, Bear,Rosie, Laffadool, Drooly, Wiggles, Honda, Oddy, Odessa, Silvermist, Cutie.

(I'm sure there's more to come if she isn't named by the time we get there - Have fun choosing! Maybe you should ask your class for ideas.)

keller said...

I just noticed the beware of Dog sign in the background. Very fitting!

Dawn W said...

Hey - aren't those little quarter sized hot dogs called "Little Smokies"? You could name her that - Can you tell that this dog naming game has been a hot topic of conversation in our home? (Along with Obama and building a tornado shelter out of Lincoln Logs.)